Requisition Number – APG-302
Job Title – Software Developer
Location – Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Seeking a skilled computer scientist/engineer to support the test, evaluation, integration and development of a network modeling and simulation infrastructure
· Significant experience with Linux systems administration and host security hardening technologies
· Working knowledge of task automation and configuration management (using Ansible, Puppet, or similar)
· Proficiency with various programming languages: Unix shells, Python, Go, Java etc.
· Strong understanding of virtualization and container technologies: QEMU/KVM, LXC, Docker etc.
· Experience with open source cloud technologies: OpenStack and Kubernetes preferred.
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking technologies and both Cisco and Linux implementations
· Strong understanding of Linux kernel, boot process, and service startup procedures.
· Familiarity with Git or other modern version control systems
· Experience with C/C++ Java development
· Bonus: experience with embedded Linux systems
· Ability to show and excellent work ethic, strict attention to details, and drive for the team to be successful
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Solid interpersonal skills
· Secret clearance required
· BS Degree in EE or CS
· US Citizen
· Design and build system images, both emulation based (KVM) and container based (LXC), to support scenario testing in virtual networking environments.
· Design and automate virtual networking environments using open source cloud technologies to support systems integration scenarios.
· Take part in the development of a virtualization cluster distribution.
· Draft administrator documentation and end user guides.
· Support lab and field testing
· Provide technical guidance to management for budgetary planning
· Produce regular progress reports.
Programing Languages: Java,SQL, C/C++, Unix shells, Python, Go
Operating Systems: Windows, Android, Linux
Technologies: Virtualization and containers (QEMU/KVM, LXC, Docker), open source cloud technologies(OpenStack and Kubernetes)
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the requisition number in your cover letter.
EPIC Scientific offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
EPIC Scientific is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.