Requisition Number – APG-301
Job Title – Software Developer
Location – Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Seeking a skilled computer scientist/engineer to support the test, evaluation, integration and development of Commercial Wireless Technologies, including Wireless LAN (WLAN), Cellular, Personal Communications Systems (PCS), and other wireless systems.
· Experience with analysis and fundamentals in OS, networking, data structures, algorithms, and object
· Experience with C/C++ Java development
· Experience with various Android distributions and software developmental kit (SDK)
· Experience with mobile technologies, including cellular and wireless
· Understanding of Protocols/Architecture
· Experience with Android components, including services, providers, activities, and fragments
· Experience with Android Framework Internals
· Ability to show and excellent work ethic, strict attention to details, and drive for the team to be successful
· Secret clearance required
· BS Degree in EE or CS
· US Citizen
· Highly skilled in object-oriented programming to develop/integrate commercial cellular technology for tactical use.
· Support the requirements definitions development of Commercial Wireless Technologies and other wireless systems; including developing requirements for protocols, security, form factor, environmental factors and electromagnetic emissions
· Develop interfaces and communication standards, specification development and reference prototype implementation for both software and hardware
· Support lab and field testing and evaluation of Commercial Wireless Technologies and other wireless systems
· Perform requirements analysis in order to define use cases, and class and sequence diagrams that define system requirements and system design
· Extensive software development experience on multi-threaded software systems using following skills which are the essential building blocks for communications planning systems:
Technologies: Java, Python, JS, JQuery, OSGI, JSON, SQL, C/C++
Operating Systems: Windows, Android, Linux
Design Methodologies & Tools: Gradle, IntelliJ, Eclipse
Configuration Management Tools: Git
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference the requisition number in your cover letter.
EPIC Scientific offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
EPIC Scientific is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.